What Information Do We Collect and Why?
We collect information about you when you register with us or place an order for online products and services. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and participate in our competitions.
We may collect, store and use the following types of personal data: –
- To process your order and provide you with access to our online products and services, we collect your full name, employers name, email address, postal address and contact telephone number.
- Information about your computer, your visits and activity on our website including your IP address, duration on the website, learning activity you have completed, geographical location and pages visited.
- Information which is collected as part of any transactions carried out to purchase our products and services.
- Information collected to subscribe to our communications, emails and services.
- Information you provide us in any communications between us.
How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you to process your order, manage your account and, if you agree, to email you about our products and services which we think may be of interest to you. Every communication will include an “unsubscribe” link which you can use if you wish to unsubscribe from our mailing list.
Our main Data collection points are during purchase and during your study, these include:
When you purchase our products and/or services we will collect your name, postal address, email address and phone number. We also collect your IP address for fraud prevention purposes.
We use Stripe Payment Gateway as our payment processor, Expert Pensions Consulting Limited does not store your payment details, these are input and held with Stripe.
Learning activity tracking (During Study)
We record all the learning activity you complete within the registered section of the site, this includes quiz attempts, scores, uploads completed and your course progress. Everything you do on the website will be recorded and stored for purposes of learning analysis to track your progress. When you subscribe to our website you are agreeing to this tracking. There is no option to opt out of this. When you sign up for a subscription, your course progress is being tracked and your learning analytics are being stored for use by Expert Pensions Limited and Expert Pensions Consultancy Limited, you can request them at any time.
The information we collect may be used in the following ways:
- To personalise your experience and enable us to respond to your individual needs
- To improve our website, products and customer services
- Enable you to access our products and services
- Enable you to communicate with other students
- Complete transactions to purchase our services, either online or in some instances via an invoice
- Send you service and/or support e.g. updates, account notifications and security alerts
- If a purchase is made, you will have the option to be added to our weekly newsletter
- Deal with your enquiries and/or complaints relating to our products and services
- Send you marketing communications, relating to Expert Pensions Consulting Limited , and will consist of information which we believe will be useful to you and will include details of our services
We operate group forums associated with some of our products, here you are invited to join in discussions with your peers and our subject matter experts. You can post questions and comment on other posts.
Within the forum, your username will be displayed automatically, please consider this when you set up your username to ensure you would be happy for it to be seen whilst using the forum. We monitor the forum posts to ensure the facility is being used correctly, any abusive or inappropriate posts will be removed.
If you request your information to be deleted from us completely we will remove your username from your posts, but the content will remain on the discussion thread. Again, please be aware of this when you are using the forum. The information you share on the forum is your responsibility. Please note that all other participating customers & EPC staff can see this information.
How we Share Data with Third Parties
No information you submit to our website will be shared with any third party unless it forms part of the service we provide to you as follows:
- For the purposes of a business deal (or negotiation of a business deal) with regard to the sale or transfer of all or part of our business assets. Business deals could include a merger, financing, acquisition or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may remove parts of data that can identity you and share anonymised data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
- For legal, protection, security and safety purposes including to comply with laws or regulatory requirements and to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- With those who use the information to provide services to us or on our behalf (their use of your information is subject to their privacy policies).
Your data stays with Expert Pensions Consulting Limited in perpetuity.
Our Service Providers
We use other providers to enable us to operate our business and provide our products and services to you. These include:
- Google (Analytics, Adwords, iCloud) https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Stripe (Our Payment Processor) https://stripe.com/gb/privacy
- Mailchimp (our email communications) https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
- Learndash (website support) https://www.learndash.com/privacy-policy/
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. You can control cookies via your browser, allowing you to delete, block, clear and more. However, some functions of our website may not work correctly if you choose to block or remove.
For further information, please visit https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/
We take appropriate measures, both organisational and technical, to keep your data secure. However, we are unable to guarantee the security of data which is being transferred over the Internet. Expert Pensions Consulting Limited may store, process and/or transfer personal data including Personally Identifiable Information to countries outside of the EEA, specifically to servers in the US.
If you do not agree to this procedure you should not use our services. Data is transferred outside the EEA, to servers owned and operated by Google Inc for data management and business purposes for certain outsourced data processing undertaken by Eventrbrite Inc, Stripe Payments Europe, Ltd and Google Inc on behalf of Expert Pensions Consulting Limited.
By using our products and services you consent to our transferring your information to countries outside the EEA, if necessary, for legitimate business purposes as outlined above. Expert Pensions Limited takes all reasonable steps to ensure your information is adequately protected.
The data protection standards required by US law are not equivalent to EEA standards. To comply with the adequacy requirements of the European Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC, Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, California, 94043, is a participant in the Safe Harbor program developed by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Union.
Google Inc take data security extremely seriously, for more details of the data security measures undertaken by Google please visit http://www.google.com/apps/intl/enGB/trust/data_protection.html
Links to Other Websites
This website may include links to other, third party websites which we believe to be of interest to our visitors. These may allow you to connect and share your actions, comments, content and information publicly or with people you specify. You may also connect to, and share information on, third-party social media platforms, websites, applications and services (“Third Party Sharing Services”) through “plug-ins,” widgets, buttons, and other third party features made available on and connected with our Services. Please be mindful of your privacy needs as you choose who to connect with and what to share and make public. We are unable to control the privacy or security of information that you choose to make public or share with others. We also cannot control and are not responsible for any Third-Party Sharing Services or their actions, including the data that these Third-Party Sharing Services collect from you and your device, or how they use such data. It is your responsibility to review the privacy policies of all Third-Party Sharing Services to understand their privacy practices.
The Data Protection Act 1998 & General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) both give you the right to request details of any of your personal information that we hold & have it deleted at any time. Please contact us immediately if you have any concerns regarding you personal data, Expert Pensions Consulting aim to respond within 3 working days. Requests should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may request proof of identity before disclosure or deletion of any such information.
If you have any questions, you can contact us at the following:
Nominated Data Protection Officer – Ben Wilkes
Email – email@example.com
Address – Unit 21, Flexplace Business Centre, Bathgate, EH48 2FJ.
At Expert Pension Consulting, we are serious about data protection & privacy. We are always happy to have a chat about anything we do and why we do it. We operate an ethical and transparent business.